Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Friday nights

Every now and then on a friday night (okay most friday nights) I don't want to cook mostly because i do my major housework on fridays, i just want to relax and have some wines with my fiance. These night usually start out as chips and dips for dinner, and a couple of wines, which move into Kahula for me and southern comfort for him. We don't go into town (clubbing) like i would of in the old days, for two reasons -I'm too old and not single so what's the point; and I'm too fat to wear any of my "town" clothes so I don't want to.
This afternoon I've been thinking about having our friday night drinks- but: how do I do it without ruining all the good work I've put in this week?? And I'm saving points for when we go away anyway- so that means no date night? I love sitting around the table solving the problems of the world and discussing all things hypothetical after a couple of wines. It's my social time of the week. And our quailty time just hanging out together with the tv and computers turned off.
So maybe I could come up with some nibbles that isn't chips and dip? That would keep the points lower. I might have to go and consult my recipe book. Date night is just too important to stop doing because of a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment